This blog will be about video games mostly. I am a 14 Year MMO vet and Started Console gaming heavily back in the Nintendo (Original) Days.

I am crude, bossy, crass, opinionated, and not politically correct.


Saturday, December 3, 2011

Back after a layoff

So today I don't think I am going to rant.

SW:TOR Beta is finally going down after this weekend.  We are less then 2 weeks away from early access and three weeks away from launch.  Im going to put together a list of why I love this game.

#1: Its not WoW.
No matter what any troll will tell you, this game is not WoW.  No auto attack, Companions, Crafting system, and last but not least Lightsabers.  I have played WoW off and on through every major expansion.  I loved it for what it was, I enjoyed being a hardcore raider, but in the end I got tired of the game. I dont know nor do I care that this game is a WoW Killer.  In the end I will play it.

#2: The Stories:
Ive played every Sith Class off the starting planets and The Inquisitor/Sorcerer into the 30s in the 3 beta weekends I have had a chance to play in.  While the Inquisitor line starts out a little week, the asshole overseer is the reason I kept coming back, I know I am going to triumph but to do it so I can gloat in my mind over him makes it worth it.

I like the Bounty Hunter as well, I am almost wrapped up with the Drumoond Kass line on him and enjoying the freelance style as well.


#3 Its fucking Star Wars.
Its just that simple, I get to kill shit with force lighting and a light saber.  I love it.


There are still lots of little bugs in the game, timing/channel bars not showing, invis companions in cutscenes, character professions transferring from one toon to another, but all in all none of them are a deal breaker and will cause me to cancel my Collector's Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment